Monday, May 21, 2012

Debt-Free is the Way to Be

When I started college, I knew I'd be paying off my loans for years. Years. I certainly thought it would a good ten years. But four years and two weeks after graduating college, my student loans are officially, 100% gone. 


I have worked really hard in the past few years to pay off my debt as quickly as I could. I just couldn't stand paying more in interest than I was paying on the loan itself. I paid off my car, my braces, and now my student loans all in the past year. And let me tell you: that is a wonderful feeling. 


Now, any money I make is ALL MINE!!


I thought maybe I would have a big last-statement-burning party, but alas.. the celebration included Mike and I sitting on the floor of my un-furnished apartment in our sweats, me with a glass of wine in hand. Quite the celebration, if I do say so myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment