Monday, April 30, 2012

Goodbye Laramie, Hello Omaha

My oh my, are we a little behind on the times, or what??


It's been a whirlwind in the past couple weeks, but an enjoyable whirlwind at that. My last week in Laramie (now two weeks ago) was very bittersweet. It was a great last week there. We had a lunch party to celebrate my last week and another get-together one evening. The oncologist said to me "Look how excited we are that you are leaving; we're having a party!" I don't think they were so much excited that I was leaving, after reading the very sweet card they all signed for me. I got some fabulous gifts from my coworkers and patients, and there were even tears shed as I was leaving on my last day. I made some really great friends during my three months in Laramie, and I feel very fortunate that I was giving the opportunity to work there. Even though I was bummed when I was driving from Florida to Wyoming in January, I think it really worked out for the best.


My mom flew into Laramie to drive back home with me. We had a great drive -- the weather was perfect and we had a lot of fun catching up. I spent that weekend in Corning visiting family and enjoying HOME. 


Since then, it has been great being back in Omaha. I have caught up with many of the friends I've been missing and I'm getting back into the groove at work. I'm not sure how I feel about working 12 hour shifts and weekends again.. I think I was a little spoiled with a Monday thru Friday, 8 to 5 job. It was great! But I'm starting to get used to it again.

I'm currently living on my brother's couch (again) -- Thanks Brother! -- until I move into my own apartment in a week. It will be much closer to work, which will be really nice. 



Wedding plans have been progressing a little more in the past week. We now have a DJ and we're working on choosing a photographer. But with a facility, food, drinks, and a DJ all booked, I'd say we're ready to party :) 


I think that's about all that's been going on in the past couple weeks. 
I hope all is well with you!
Now, onto my To-Do list....

No comments:

Post a Comment