Sunday, January 18, 2015

Oreo Cupcakes



It has been far too long since I baked anything, and even longer since I posted something fun like this. I love baking, but I always end up eating entirely too much of whatever deliciousness I created. I have tried the single-serving mug cakes and cookies that you can find on Pinterest, but they just don't cut it. Totally not worth the 3 minutes it takes to whip them up. And definitely not worth the 200 calories. So I figure --why not. I'll bake up a little something delicious, and then I'll get rid of the rest. And rather than throw them in the trash or give them to my non-existent friends, tomorrow I'm going to make Mike take them to his office. I'm not sure if his coworkers are into delicious treats, but surely there are some hungry interns lurking around there somewhere.

So, without further ado, here are the results. The Treat of the Week.





Oreo Cupcakes
via

For the Cupcakes
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 package Oreos

Mix up the cake batter according to the directions on the box [hey, i've got to ease my way back into baking]. Line cupcake tins with paper liners, and put an Oreo into the bottom of each liner. Take half of the remaining Oreos, crush them, and stir them into the cake batter. Fill cupcake liners and bake according to the package.

For the Frosting
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 package Mini Oreos

Cream together the cream cheese and butter once both are room temperature. Add vanilla and then powdered sugar, a little at a time. Send the rest of your regular-sized Oreos through a food processor, then mix them into your frosting. Frost each cupcake, once cooled, and top with a mini Oreo.

And there you have it. An Oreo cupcake. Because, really. Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment