Thursday, February 16, 2012

Laramie Week 3: in review

My apologies for not posting this on Sunday. I hope you didn't miss me too much. Just pretend it's Sunday.


Week Three was another great week. It was my second week *ever* working Monday thru Friday 8 to 5. I think I'm getting used to this! I'm getting along with my coworkers really well, and I'm getting to know my patients on a first name basis. It's pretty cool -- they're all accepting me into their little Cancer Center world. I don't feel so much like an outsider anymore; it's a great feeling.


It was officially a good week:  I made a new friend! Two actually.
Thursday night I met a friend-of-a-friend for dinner. We had never met before, but we got along well. She was welcoming and outgoing, and was easy to talk to. After dinner she showed me one of the town's hot-spots, where we went for a drink. It wasn't anything crazy.. I was exhausted by 8pm so headed home. I'm definitely losing any coolness I ever had.


E, my new friend from Thursday night, invited me to go snowboarding with her and another friend on Saturday. I warned her that I my snowboarding experience was limited to one winter afternoon when I was 12 that I attempted to snowboard down an Iowa hill with my brother. I failed at the time, but thought maybe I'd give it another shot. She was adamant that she and A were fine with my lack of experience, and she insisted that I go with them. So in the spirit of making the most of things, I joined them.

I was definitely not worthy of the Winter X-Games, but they said I really did well for my first time. I spent a good portion of the day on ground, but thankfully there were 7 inches of fresh snow, so it was pretty cushy. [or my rear was, i'm not sure...] I was very sore and extremely exhausted by the end of the day, but it was a great experience. 

Sunday was a little worse. I could hardly move.. hence the lack of posting. I have a few bruises and a sore knee left as battle wounds, but at least I reached my goal of the day:  No broken bones. Yay!

I also addressed all our Save the Dates this weekend. My hand was a little tired from addressing them, but it feels great to be done with them. As of today, they're officially in the mail!


Now that Week Three is in the books and I'm well into Week Four, I'm looking forward to a couple visitors from Home. Stay tuned for next week's update!


Sending warm wishes your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment