Monday, February 20, 2012

Laramie Week 4: in review

Not much in terms of news from the past week. Working 8-5 doesn't leave a whole lot of room for fun. But I did start triathlon training, so I guess that counts for something. Kayla and I (and Kate???) have signed up for the Omaha Women's Triathlon the first weekend of June, so I'm trying to get back into shape so I can improve from last year's time. So far the altitude training has been very tough, but I'm hoping it will pay off.

Other than the workweek... What a fun weekend! My mom and Gary came to visit! They got to town Friday shortly after I got off work, and they didn't leave until today, so it was a weekend full of fun and familiar faces. It was so nice having someone in town that I actually know!

Saturday we went snowshoeing in the Snowy Mountain Range. We went about 3 miles in two hours, and only fell a handful of times. No one complained (much) and everyone was smiles by the end. I even made a snow angel at the end... when childhood calls! 


My mom and Gary snowshoeing


The trail. How pretty!



My mom and I on the top of the mountain!
I love these little critter tracks!

After a little rest, we went to a little pizza shop on the corner for dinner. It was de-lish, and I will definitely be going back to try some of their other food sometime in the next 8 weeks. After dinner, it was wine, popcorn, and an a-mazing Creighton Bluejays win.

Sunday we again strapped on the snowshoes and went for a shorter hike at the Happy Jack trailhead in the mountains to the east of Laramie. We did a lot more off-trail trekking, which wore us out much quicker. After about an hour, we headed back to town. We explored some of the little downtown shops, and had dinner at the one local Indian restaurant. 

Sunday night we relaxed, watched some tv, and just hung out. It was a comforting weekend with family around. It was refreshing to see some familiar faces and talk about some familiar things. But I'm not gonna lie... it does make me miss home just a little bit more!

Eight more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment