Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Laramie: Week 11

That's right... you get a double feature this week!  


Only a couple weeks left here in Laramie, which seems crazy. So I'm trying to live up the last of my time here--going to dinner with some of my new friends; that sort of thing. Nothing much new at work this week. We've been experiencing the anticipation & dread of them being short-staffed and trying to find solutions, and enjoying the last of the well-staffed weeks they'll have for a bit. 


This weekend was a great one. And I mean GREAT! I got to enjoy a weekend back in Omaha, and though it was a very quick 36-hour trip home, it was well worth it and I enjoyed every minute. I went home primarily for Easter vigil, but I got to enjoy some fantastic friends and family time while there.


As you probably know, I've been taking RCIA classes for the past few months and the culmination of that is the Easter vigil, at which the RCIA candidates are confirmed into the Catholic church. It was kind of strange to me, because I was confirmed into the Presbyterian church when I was in Jr High, so it wasn't really something completely new to me. But it was definitely different than that. I learned a lot in the process--about myself, about the church, and dispelled many of my judgement. It was a great process, and the Easter vigil was a beautiful thing. Long, but beautiful. And.... I got a snack during church :) hahah


My mom and stepdad came to town for the day and for the mass, and Mike's parents came for the weekend and the mass. And yes, they all met each other at dinner Saturday evening! They had never bet before and it went very well -- at least I think they all liked each other :)
And then my dad and his lady-friend came to town Sunday for brunch, at which they met Mike's parents for the first time as well. Also a great time! So it's official:  everyone has met before the wedding!


This weekend I was also honored to have been asked to take photos for a friend's little guy's first birthday party. I'm not sure I'm qualified to do so, but it was great fun! I got some great shots and it was a very fun afternoon. I'm still working on editing them, but I'll give you a little sneak peak soon (provided I have internet again).


There wasn't much more time in the weekend, but I snuck in a coffee date with my bestie and her little guy (my godson! who is crawling now!), and a lunch date with my old roomie and her hubby. It was great to see all of them, and I look forward to more time with them in a few short weeks.


To all my friends and family:  I miss you, I love you, and I'll see you soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend. Thanks again so much! It was so fun to have you there. Can't wait to see what pictures you got. :)

    ReplyDelete