Thursday, February 13, 2014

Healthy Snack -- Oat Balls

It's no secret that I like to eat. And while I like healthy foods, I really like yummy foods. Cookies, crackers.. you name it. I want something that's going to fill me up and also satiate my taste buds. And let's be real, celery sticks don't always cut it. Granola bars and protein bars are great; they're quick and I can eat them on the go or sitting on the floor playing with Ella. But they can get kind of expensive, and who really knows what's in them sometimes. So I've been in search of some healthier snacks. Something nutritious, natural, and delicious. 

Well guys, I think I've found something. I saw this recipe online at one point and jotted it down, but I don't know where it came from. So if you deserve credit, feel free to claim it - and thank you! [i made some minor changes, i hope you don't mind.]




1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla

Mix ingredients well and shape into balls. 

It's probably the easiest recipe ever, but I really love it and I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment