Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Roasted Chickpeas

Well... have you tried the peanut butter/coconut/chocolate balls I shared with you last week? I made a new batch for this week, and they're just as delicious as I remembered. I forgot how messy they are to shape into balls though!

As delicious as they are, I have been in search of more healthy snacks. I ran across several recipes for roasted chickpeas, so I thought I'd give them a try. They were beyond simple, and they're really pretty good. I doubt Mike will be eating them anytime soon, but I think they're a great afternoon snack. 




I didn't know what would be the best seasonings to put on them, so I'll definitely be experimenting. If I find any to-die-for combinations, I'll definitely update you. This time around, I played it safe with a few seasonings I like on just about anything - a dash of salt, and a sprinkle each of paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. What seasonings sound good to you?

There really isn't much to roasting these little guys. Just rinse a can [or half of a can, as i did] of chickpeas, spread them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Shake them around a couple times to help them  bake evenly. Once roasted, remove them from the oven, coat with a little olive oil, sprinkle with your favorite seasonings and stir to coat evenly. Eat immediately, or wait until they're cool. Mine were gone before I even blinked, but it doesn't sound like they're quite as good the next day.

They're cheap, they're simple, and they're really quite healthy. It's a winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment