Friday, October 23, 2015

Updates. Grand Updates.

Well, you guys proved me wrong. I'm surprised how many people have viewed my last post and sent messages. So I guess I'll give this whole regular-updating another try! 

I'll try to get you up to speed on what's been happening since Easter. I'm sure I'll leave some things out, but I'll do my best.

Baby on the Way!
We found out a few months ago that we'll be adding another Wierzbicki to the world. We're having a boy, and Ella is excited to have a Baby Brudder! I'm due January 7th; currently 28 weeks along. Other than monitoring a few odd things, the pregnancy has been going really well. I'm trying to stay active and avoid the donuts and ice cream - I don't want to hit the 50+ pound weight gain mark that I did with Ella. (So if you hear me talking about cookies, tell me to lock it up!)

Still Working
Mike is still working at Penn State doing marketing in the athletic department. He's still in charge of marketing for hockey and the ice arena, and they've added lacrosse, golf, and football. It's safe to say he's a busy guy! Ella and I try not to be too needy when he's so busy, but we're not always successful :)
I'm still working at the rehab hospital part-time. There are some weeks I work only one day, and some weeks I work nearly 40 hours. It all depends what Mike's work schedule allows and what the hospital census is.
Ella is still going to the same in-home daycare, and she's still loving it. She gets along really well with the other two kids and the caregiver. Some days when she hasn't gone for a while, she'll even ask if she gets to go play there! 

Iowa/Nebraska Trip
The summer began with a Memorial Day Weekend trip to Iowa. My family's annual fish fry was scheduled for that weekend, so we decided to make a trip of it. Even though the fish fry was cancelled last minute, we had a great trip anyway. We got to see a lot of family and friends, including a trip to Omaha!

Minnesota/Wisconsin Trip
We also took an early summer trip to Wisconsin for the wedding of two friends who live here in Pennsylvania but are from Wisconsin and Minnesota. It was a beautiful wedding, and we were able to make a quick trip to St. Cloud (where we lived in MN before moving here to PA) while we were there!

Michigan Visitors
In early September, we had some road tripping visitors from Michigan. Mike's mom, grandma, aunt, and cousin came to visit for a few days. We had a great time hanging out, visiting the arboretum, and refereeing toddler play.

Iowa Visit
In late September, Ella and I took a fairly impromptu trip to Iowa. Our annual family fish fry had been rescheduled for a weekend in September, and I wanted to spend some time with my childhood bestie.

Play Time!
I promise we did more than travel this summer! We spent a LOT of time at the local parks and pools and playing outside. 

Ella Turned Two!
In early October, our teeny tiny little baby girl turned two! I have no idea how two years have passed, but they've definitely been a fun two years. 
Because we didn't have any family visiting, we didn't have too exciting of a celebration. And Mike has been very busy working, so we thought a low-key family night was the way to go. Per Ella's request, we had pizza and 'yellow' cake. Seriously - those were her requests. What a goof! 
A few days after her birthday, she saw a leftover cupcake and requested a candle to blow out. So we had a mini celebration in the middle of the kitchen floor -- candle, Happy Birthday song and all.

Pumpkin Patches
There are a lot of fall festivals around central Pennsylvania, so we took advantage of a couple different ones. Ella and I went to a fruit farm with some friends, and we came home with orchard-fresh apples and a big pumpkin, as well as great memories. The next day, we went to another fall festival with my family that came to visit. We came home with a couple pumpkins to carve (which hasn't yet happened) and some more great memories. 

Family Visit from Iowa
Just last week, I had some family road trip the 17+ hour trek from Iowa to visit for a week. We visited a fall festival, went to a hockey game, and did some sight-seeing. We had a great week, and of course ate entirely too much food.

That just about brings us to the present. As you can see, it was a fun, eventful few months since we've last chatted. I'll try to keep you posted with our goings-on in the future! (Unless, of course, no one reads it....)


**LOTS of pictures to be added soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment