Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our -->First<-- Thanksgiving Feast

One downfall perk of being a nurse is that I have to get to work major holidays. Each year we find out which holidays we'll be working, and at first it's a little bit of a bummer. I've always spent major holidays with my family, enjoying delicious meals and sharing in laughter.

But since becoming a nurse, I spend at least one holiday each fall/winter with my hospital family. We eat turkey together and share in laughter, and we share these special days with patients and their families as they are also away from home.

This year I worked Thanksgiving. I was bummed that I would be missing my mom's and my grandma's turkey dinners. I was able to spend some time with family earlier in the week, but still... no turkey for me.

However, when I got off work and went over to Mike's house for a surprise dinner (which I thought would be frozen pizza or mac-n-cheese), I found him putting the finishing touches on.... Our Thanksgiving Feast! He made turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and crescent rolls. It wasn't even purchased from Boston Market.. he made it himself!



It was absolutely delicious, and we [of course] ate entirely too much. I didn't miss turkey dinner after all!

Just another reason I'm so thankful for such a wonderful fiance. What a lucky girl I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment