Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wedding Recap: Flowers

If you've planned a wedding recently, you know that flowers are one of the big-ticket items; one of the larger pieces of the budget.  Flowers are beautiful and they bring a sense of life to the day, and they bring a pop of color everywhere they are. However, I think it's silly to spend as much on flowers as some people do! I didn't want to do artificial flowers, but I also didn't want to spend a fortune. After shopping around and getting a few quotes, I chose a florist. She was great to work with; she was definitely knowledgeable about what she was doing, and she helped me cut the cost without cutting corners. 

I wanted to have bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids, boutonniers for the groom and groomsmen, and corsages/boutonniers for our parents, grandparents, personal attendant, flower girl, ring bearer, readers, and musicians. I do realize that's a lot of flowers... which is why it was so important to me to choose a florist who would work with me.

I started out by giving her my general ideas on colors and types of flowers, then she suggested similar options that were in season or more cost-effective without sacrificing quality. We ended up using: 

  • white roses
  • white viburnum
  • dark purple carnations
  • purple lilianthus
  • green yoko ono poms
  • green hypericum berries










                     


In the end, the flowers turned out just perfectly. I couldn't have asked for a better florist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment