Sunday, April 28, 2013

Baby W: 18 weeks


[i think i need to stop waiting til sunday night to take these pictures, 
when i'm in my sweats and half asleep]



Total weight gain: 10 pounds... actually 10.8, but the nurse at the doctor's office so kindly rounded down :)
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before I have to break down and get some pants. Attempting to find some jeans that fit the other day was quite the challenge. They're just so uncomfortable! 
Stretch marks: Nope
Sleep: The biggest problem in the past week with sleep has been mid-day appointments and meetings. I understand the world operates from 8am-5pm, but that's when I sleep! This night-shift business is really wearing on me, especially when it's all week, every week.
Best moment this week: The doppler at the doctor's office was definitely a highlight. It's reassuring to know that everything is still happenin' in there!
Miss anything?:  A beer at the Twins game would have been nice. But my pink lemonade was refreshing too. (i sound like an alcoholic... nearly everything i've missed has related to alcohol.)
Movement: A few little flutters this week, but not really any more than last week.
Food cravings: Ice cream. A Blizzard, in particular. Or McFlurry, whatever. Something with chunks. Mike isn't much of a dessert or ice cream guy, so whenever I suggest it he turns it down. I still haven't cracked and done a shameful drive-thru and eat-it-in-the-car-alone thing yet, but it's getting dangerously close :)  But I don't dare get a whole container at the grocery store, I'd definitely eat the whole thing in 24 hours or less.
Anything make you queasy or sick?: Nope.

Aches and pains: I seemed to ache all over this week. My hips,  my left shoulder, my back. A massage and chiropractor sound great.
Starting to show yet?: You can definitely tell there's a baby bump there. Especially when I wear my regular clothes without a sweatshirt. 
Gender prediction: We had a doctor appointment this week, and when she did the doppler, the heart rate was 138. She says it's definitely a boy, and she'll be shocked if it's a girl! Still not definite of course, but she sounded pretty sure.
Labor signs: Nope.

Belly button in or out?: Still in 
Wedding rings on or off?: On, but super uncomfortable two different times this week. Maybe I had too much salt.
Happy or Moody most of the time?: Happy, except when I'm sleep deprived.
Most looking forward to: The warm weather to continue! It's finally been warm here the last two days -- in the 60s and 70s! I think we skipped the 50s altogether, but I'm ok with it. I'm just hoping it stays warm from here on out!

2 comments:

  1. So, just so you know, I follow and read your blog on bloglovin'. I read it on my phone and rarely comment cause it's a pia to comment from my phone. But you do have a follower back in Omaha. So excited for this new stage in your life! Can't wait for baby W!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! I rarely know if anyone is actually following, so I'm glad you are! I'm lovin the updates on the boys, too!
    It's an exciting time, and it's a good thing they give you 9 months to get your poop in a group :) You can probably expect lots of "what do I do?!" texts and phone calls once the fall comes!

    ReplyDelete