Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lemon Crinkle Cookies



It's finally Spring in Minnesota! It took long enough to get here, but enough complaining about that. The first day the sun was shining and we had our windows open, I decided I needed a little something from the kitchen that made it feel like spring as well. [of course i needed something from the kitchen...]

I saw something on Pinterest and ran with it. I looked at several similar recipes, and this is what I came up with. The simplest, quickest little lemon cookies. They're so easy you might even judge me for what's in them. I'm ok with that... they took under a half hour to make, including washing dishes. And I didn't even need a measuring cup! They're light and lemony-- perfect for spring. And Mike's favorite part:  they're soft!  [first words out of his mouth when he took a bite]

What you need
1 box lemon cake mix
8-oz container of Cool Whip, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
about 1 cup powdered sugar, in a separate bowl

What you do
Preheat oven to 350 (because my oven takes about three hours to preheat). 
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, egg, and cool whip. It will be very sticky! Take a generous tablespoon of the batter, roll it into a ball the best you can, and roll it in the powdered sugar. Bake for 9-10 minutes, just until the edges start to turn golden-brown.




That's it! They kind of resemble lemon bars, except they aren't as dense as those sometimes are. And they're much quicker to make!

I hope you're enjoying your Spring, wherever you may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment