Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Easter Dinner

This year I didn't have a good chunk of time off work around Easter, so I didn't get to go home. Both my Mikes were staying in Omaha too, so I decided I'd make a yummy Easter dinner to enjoy. I never really paid much attention when my mom was making Easter dinner in years past, so I just kinda went with it. I figured a ham, cheesy potatoes, and green bean casserole couldn't disappoint. Here's a quick recap (don't judge the foil pans.. I don't have many casserole dishes in my cupboard):



Sprial-cut Honey Ham
The only way to go. Purchased Sunday morning after church because Saturday night they didn't have the right thing. Tip: procrastinating really does pay off. They had lots of new hams out Sunday morning... but this was the last spiral-cut honey ham! Just wrap in foil and bake for 2 hours. Couldn't get much easier!








Cheesy Potatoes
 I wasn't sure how my aunt used to make them, but this recipe was super simple, so I didn't figure I could mess it up. Stir together hashbrowns, cheddar cheese, crem of chicken soup, and sour cream. Then bake. Fool proof!


 



Green Bean Casserole
This was always one of my favorites, but my mom didn't make it very often. I used French's classic recipe and just added some extra green beans (extra veggies never hurt anyone!). This one was Mike and Mike's favorite!




After stuffing our bellies, we went for a bike ride to try out the triathlon route. Hills. Bricks. Hills. Definitely worked up an appetite for round two!

Not bad for my first attempt at Easter Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment