Sunday, May 15, 2011

German Chocolate Cake

With my growing list of “I want to make this!” recipes, I asked Mike what kind of dessert he’d like. He’s probably growing to hate this question. He isn’t really all that interested in sweets; he would prefer Round 2 of dinner over dessert most days, so I was really impressed when he actually suggested something. (He has way more will power than I have.) German Chocolate Cake. Hmm, ok, I’ll try that. So I found a recipe here. There were many to choose from when I searched, but this picture looked the best.   

 
 


And the recipe called for cocoa, melted chocolate, and coffee. Sounded great to me!


 So here it is...


The finished product!







I made a 6-inch cake, so of course there was batter left. Cupcakes for tea time at work!








I've never been to Germany,
 but if this is any indication of what to expect...
I think I could go there!

No comments:

Post a Comment