Friday, May 13, 2011

Garden Progress

After days of the strong winds and persistent rain that accompany spring thunderstorms, I was worried for my garden. How much rain can one garden take? So I went to check it out. It doesn’t appear to be flooded, but let’s hope the seeds underneath think the same. Here’s the progress:

 
The tomato plants are growing.





The pepper plants are looking strong.




There are even sprouts popping up! 




                      Some flowers Bea had planted years ago are still thriving.


Some asparagus survived the tilling process, and apparently this is what happens if you let asparagus grow… an asparagus tree!









Some tulips I planted in a pot several weeks ago. I wasn’t sure if the bulbs survived the winter on my balcony, but it looks like they’re going to grow!


My problem now?
I don’t know what’s a weed and what’s a seed!
I don’t know which ones to pull!

No comments:

Post a Comment