Friday, May 27, 2011

Sprouts have emerged!

I haven't given much of an update since planting the garden, so I thought you might like to know how thing are growing going.

So far I have officially only killed one plant, and that's because I bought a jalapeno plant at the farmer's market on Saturday and didn't plant it until Tuesday. Oops! I guess they don't grow well while lying on the kitchen counter in a plastic bag.

You may remember from the previous 'planting plan' post, but here's what I planted:
- sweet corn
- broccoli
- cauliflower
- green beans
- snap peas
- carrots
- green onions
- yellow onions
- tomatoes
- peppers
- herbs
- watermelon
- cantalope
- pumpkins
- cucumbers

Sounds a little bit ridiculous, but I assure you, it all fit very nicely and there is well-defined space between each row! It's actually looking pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Some of the things (carrots, green onions) haven't done much but sprout, but I'm still holding out hope.

Here are a few pictures of my progress so far. Excuse the pictures if they're terribly composed, but I'm working on my skills.


 



Can't wait to eat the goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment