Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mikey!



Sunday was Mike's birthday. Over the weekend we were in my hometown for a family get-together, so it was an improvised celebration. But it worked.

My mom had decorated his chair with a Happy Birthday banner and a balloon before he was up for the morning, so this is what he saw when he got to the kitchen.

She had made breakfast casserole (aka egg bake) for breakfast that morning. It was what he had told me he wanted for his birthday. So I may have cheated, but he got it anyway!








After the breakfast casserole and biscuits were devoured, my mom surprised us all with a little 'birtday cake' for Mike. And a candle that was pretty much a re-lighting 4th of July sparkler. It only took him about three tries to figure out he'd have to use water to put it out.














Here's a close-up of the birthday cake. It was a mini cherry cheesecake tart my mom had made for a bake sale. Definitely not a traditional birthday cake, but they were delicious little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment