Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cookie Platter

You may have figured this out already, but I'm on a crafty kick. And it happens to be Christmas season, so I'm all about Christmas-y crafts. It's great.

I have one final Christmas craft that Rachael and I did during my visit to see her. Then I'll lay off the Chrstmas crafts. Promise. [for now...]

We saw some really cute platters for Christmas cookies or the like, but they were kind of expensive. And I'm on a budget. [i'm planning a wedding, if you forgot...] So why not make our own? It's always great to have a platter on hand to give an impromptu gift during the holiday season.

Supplies:
   -plain charger (98 cents, by the way)
   -acrylic paints
   -glitter
   -sealant (we used mod podge spray)

Directions:
   -pretend to be artsy and paint on holiday things
   -apply glitter where applicable, i.e. on the berries (i love glitter)
   -let dry, then apply several coats of sealant to hold the glitter and paint in place

Result:
   -a festive platter [with questionable food safety... woops. wash before use and line with parchment or plastic wrap before filling with goodies]

 Fun, right??
 







Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment