Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Packing Day

As you may or may not know, in one short week I'll be a travelling nurse! I'm going to be working at a hospital in Florida for 13 weeks. I'm very nervous about the new job part, but I'm very excited about the adventure part. I'll be living with a close college friend, Katlyn, while I'm there -- which will be a great reunion!


Mike will be accompanying me for the drive down to Florida [great bonding time, right?!] and then flying back home. He'll be in Omaha for the 13 weeks I'm gone, and I'll be returning after I complete my assignment. The time apart will be rough, but with Skype and unlimited Verizon-to-Verizon minutes, we'll keep in very close touch.


But for today... PACKING! I just don't enjoy it. At all. I've been living with my brother for the last couple months, so I don't have much in my possession anyway. But I still have some packing to do. The question is: What does a girl need for 13 weeks in Florida??


I'm making an educated guess. I'll tell you in 14 weeks if I guessed correctly or not.


Anyway, keep Mike and I in your prayers for a safe 20-hour roadtrip. I'll keep you posted on how things are going on the Gulf Coast in the middle of winter [I promise, I'm not rubbing it in....]. And keep in touch--Please! I'm going to miss my friends and family more than I can imagine.


Jason and Katlyn, my roommates for the next 13 weeks :)
...and the sunset over the beach I'll be visiting frequently!

1 comment: