Monday, December 26, 2011

Wedding Plan Progress

Today was a very unexpected day off from work. At 6am, my phone rang. The floor I work on had too many nurses for the number of patients there today, so I was called off. This doesn't happen often, but it's a very pleasant surprise when it does.

So instead of 12 hours of work, it was 12 hours of wedding planning. Ok, so there was a much needed coffee break with a great friend, but Mike and I made a lot of progress.

A couple weeks ago, I made a list of things to do before I leave for Florida. It isn't quite completed, but it's dwindling. We've secured our church, reception site, and transportation. We're very close to securing our hotel block and rehearsal dinner location. Our guest address list is nearly finished, and we have photographers, DJs, and cake bakers narrowed to just a few.

Our wedding party has been quite the debate. I have 8 close girlfriends that I wanted to be in my bridal party, but Mike vetoed that one immediately. [he says he doesn't want the front of the church to be a circus.] We've been teetering between 5 and 6 attendants each, and it's quite a fine line. [This has been such a sticky debate because I don't want to hurt any girls' feelings, but I have a suspicion that a friend or two might take the selection personally. But I can't make my decision based on their opinion, blah, blah....] We'll get there.

Colors have been another topic of conversation. I initially thought a plum/chartreuse/slate combo would look nice. Mike said yes at first, but wasn't a fan when he learned the bridesmaid dresses would not be lime green. Then came a cranberry/gold combination. Mike said no. who knew he was so opinionated about colors?! Mike's vote was a combination of kelly green/ivory/slate. I mentioned burnt orange, and he also liked that. So the debate continues. Thoughts? Opinions?

Nine months and counting....
See you in October :)

No comments:

Post a Comment