Thursday, January 12, 2012

Karma is a B[east]

Finally, the post you've been waiting so long three days for. 


So apparently I shouldn't have gloated so much when I showed you a picture of my beach vs  your snow yesterday. I'm headed back to the tundra.


SAY WHAT???


Oh yes, it's true. I knew the other day, but I was keeping it under wraps until I actually knew what was going to happen next. 


After driving 1700 miles over a 3 day period, I was due to start work here in Florida on Monday. However, I received news on Friday that due to low hospital census, my assignment here was being cancelled. I could hardly believe it, but it wasn't a bad joke.


I have been working hard with the travelling nursing agencies for the last few days, and we've finally settled on a new contract. I'll be heading to Wyoming for 13 weeks. Oh yes, Wyoming. Cowboy country. COLD cowboy country. As tortuous as it sounds to be leaving the beautiful weather and scenery of southwest Florida behind, I'm trying to make the most of things. As my Dove dark chocolate once told me, "You can't live a positive life with a negative mind." I completely agree, and I hope you'll do the same.


So that's my latest. I'm going to live up the last couple days of "vacation" before embarking on my 2,100 mile journey.



Have a great Friday!
And remember... "You can't live a positive life with a negative mind."
Find that positive mind.


1 comment:

  1. oh amy:( wyoming is very pretty!!! you will meet some interesting people!!! I will continue to follow

    ReplyDelete