Monday, January 9, 2012

A Very Sunny January

Last Wednesday morning, even before the crack of dawn, Mike and I left Omaha. We were headed to Florida, where I am scheduled to work for 13 weeks as a travelling nurse. Well... 1700 miles, 8 states, and 3 days later we have arrived!!


We actually got here Saturday afternoon, but I've been enjoying this Florida sunshine a little too much to get this post up until today. 


I'm staying with Katlyn, my college friend who's in grad school down here. She and her boyfriend Jason own a house in the southwest part of Florida, and they've been kind enough to let me stay with them during my time here.


The drive was pretty uneventful. The first day we drove through Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. 


The Arch in St Louis, MO

Tennessee Titans stadium in Nashville, TN


After about 13 hours in the car, we made it to Chattanooga, TN. When we got there, we were both pretty pooped from the long day. We ordered some pizza and crashed so we could do it all again the next day. Thursday morning we left Chattanooga and headed south. We drove through Georgia and made it to Gainesville, FL, where we stayed with Mike's brother Joe. The drive was only about 8 hours, so we got there early enough to enjoy dinner and a couple drinks.


Turner Field in Atlanta, GA
Home of the Braves

Friday morning we slept in, got some Starbucks, and explored the University of Florida campus for a few hours. Once Mike saw all the fields the campus had to offer, we headed south. We spent the rest of the day with his grandmother, and also caught up with his aunt, uncle, and cousins in Sarasota. 

The Bull Gator at University of Florida's football stadium

Saturday morning we visited Mike's grandfather then embarked on our last leg of the journey. After a short hour drive, we got to KT and Jason's in the early afternoon. We got settled, unpacked my goods, caught up on life, and went out for dinner. Oh how I love my new home! If only I could stay here forever!

The view from my chair at KT's...
I think I could get used to this.

Thanks for checking in to make sure we made it here safely. I'll keep you posted on the Florida adventures. Don't hold your breath, but you can expect a very surprising update coming soon! [no, don't even guess. just wait.]

Wherever you are, I hope you're enjoying your weather just as much as I'm enjoying the Florida sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment