Sunday, January 29, 2012

Laramie Week 1: in review

My first week of being a traveling nurse was a success! I really don't think it could have gone much better. Everyone was very welcoming and helpful--even the patients! It will take me a little longer to feel comfortable with the charting system, IV pumps, equipment, and processes but I think in a week I'll be good.

The nurse that I worked with last week was great. She was a huge help, and we got along well. She even invited me over for a dinner she was having on Friday night! It was great getting to know her, her husband, and another girl here in town. I think I can say I now have four friends here! 

I spent the rest of this weekend in Denver visiting my friend Anne from college. I hadn't seen her for several months, so it was great catching up. My other Denver friends were busy this weekend, so we're making future plans. But Anne and I had a smashing time [literally... fingers, toes, rings, cars....] and I'm excited to be able to spend some more time with my long-lost Denver friends.

I've been hearing about some exciting and adventurous things to do around here, so I'm looking forward to the upcoming weekends when I can explore. I'm just hoping I don't get too lost or buried in too much snow!

Happy Sunday!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment