Saturday, March 24, 2012

7-Layer Taco Dip

It's been quite a while since I posted anything besides a run-down of my Laramie adventures. So I thought maybe it was time to spice things up a bit. Here it is: a bonus post this week. 


The Cancer Center staff had planned a Bunco night as a fundraiser for their Relay for Life team. I had no.clue how to play, but they assured me that it was brainless enough that it would be fun and easy to learn. Everyone was to bring an hors d'oeuvre to share. However, my kitchen supplies here are quite limited, and I didn't want to go buy a bunch of supplies. And of course I had to take something that was meat-less.


So after chatting about it at work on Thursday, one of my patient's daughters gave me a fool-proof 7-layer taco dip recipe that she said has gotten rave reviews time and again. Sounded great to me!


Here are the layers, in order from top to bottom:




Black Olives
Shredded Mexican Cheese
Lettuce & Tomatoes
Guacamole
Chunky Salsa
Sour Cream
Refried Beans


It was quick & easy to put together, it kept well in the refrigerator overnight, and it was delicious! I served it with my favorite tortilla chips, and it was a hit!


You could also make this in a low-fat version, using low-fat sour cream, fat-free refried beans, and 2% cheese. I have a feeling it would be just as delicious!




Bunco was very easy to pick up and we all had a great time. We even raised $200 for Relay for Life in one fun and entertaining night!



No comments:

Post a Comment