Thursday, March 15, 2012

Somewhere Out There

Homesick. It has officially hit me. I was sure it wouldn't, but it snuck up on me. I was all good and I wasn't expecting anything, but then all of a sudden... kaBAM. Homesick.


I received a text message from my mom this evening that two planets were in the western sky. Hmm, cool. Except it was still too light in the Wild Wild West to see anything but blue sky and clouds. 


So I gave it thirty minutes. Once the sun had set and the stars were out, I looked westward. And what did I see? What looked like two huge stars. Except they couldn't be stars, because they were too big and bright. But they didn't blink and move like an airplane. Alas-- It was the planets! Venus and Saturn. How COOL!




if you can see the two bright lights toward the top right,
they're the planets!




So I told my mom that I saw the planets and how cool I thought that was. She said she thought it was cool too, but she thought it was extra-cool that we were looking at the same sky.. just like on one of my all-time favorite childhood movies, An American Tale.


I haven't watched that movie for years. I thought maybe you hadn't either, so I thought I'd share a little snipit with you. I hope you enjoy. And keep in mind:  


"even though I know how very far apart we are, 
it helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star"





Keep wishing on those bright stars, family and friends, because I'm wishing on the same ones.


Miss you & Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment