Monday, March 19, 2012

Laramie: Week 8

Well, another week is in the books.


Nothing too crazy at work this week. Chemo given. Lives saved. NBD, right?
On Thursday the oncologist's wife brought us homemade food. They're from Egypt, so she made some traditional Egyptian dishes. I was really skeptical, but once I tried it... Delicious! It definitely had its own flavor & spice, but it was great! She can make me dinner anytime.


All week, and especially the weekend, the weather here was b-e-a-utiful! It was sunny and 60 degrees with minimal wind. It was certainly the best weather since I've been here. I took a couple runs outside and sat on the deck for a bit. After this weather, one thing is clear:  I'm ready for spring. Too bad we're expecting snow for the next three days.


Saturday, of course, was St. Patrick's Day. After a sunny, fresh-air run, the evening began. It was my first weekend going out-on-the-town here in Laramie. I went out with a couple girls from work and some of their friends. We started at a benefit for one of our patients. They were having corned beef and cabbage, as well as a silent auction. I had neither corned beef nor cabbage--I had a plate full of veggies and some cake. Yum!  From there we hiked it all the way across the street to the first establishment, then onto another. Though I didn't know many people, we had a great time. These cowboys & cowgirls really like to dance, so that was very entertaining. You don't really see avid swing dancing in Omaha.


Sunday I soaked up some March Madness. Creighton played UNC. The Tarheels played a little harder and made more baskets, but the Jays really didn't disappoint. They played well and held their heads high. But I tell you.. the Tarheels fans did disappoint. After a very physical game [and some wimpy tarheel wrists], the UNC fans sent some nasty & inappropriate tweets to the Jays. Ahh, social media. Regardless, it was a proud day to be a Bluejay.


My apologies, I don't have any fun photos from this weekend. I'll have to work on that for next week. 


I hope you've been able to enjoy a little taste of spring!


Oh, and by the way. We now have a wedding DJ. Polish your dancin' shoes now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment