Sunday, March 25, 2012

Laramie: Week 9

Less than a month left! I have four weeks left of work and no more weekends in town. It's crazy that it's coming so close to an end, but I am beyond excited to be back in Omaha. The good news:  I'll be back in less than two weeks! Not for long, but I'll take what I can get.


I already told you about the Bunco night with everyone from work-- that was probably the most exciting part of the week. It was fun to spend some time with everyone outside of the work setting and to get to know the "real" them. And of course a variety of hors d'oeuvres always make things fun!


Saturday night I went out with a friend from work and some of her friends. There was a live band playing which was great fun, and there was a theme party there so everyone was dressed quite silly. It kind of took me back to Gamma Phi days!


This morning was another highlight of the week. I discovered a national food cooperative which is probably my new favorite thing. It's called Bountiful Baskets, and it's even available in Omaha! Every two weeks the truck delivers pounds of fresh produce and fresh bread, and it's all at a great price! I got so much produce there is no.way I would have been able to use all the produce myself, so I'm sharing my goods with a girl from work. Even after we split everything I still had more than enough. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to make with all of this produce!




pears, bananas, pineapple, yellow honeydew melon, 
green onions, asparagus, romaine lettuce...

cauliflower, apples, cherry tomatoes, green beans...

onions, garlic, green chiles, avocados, limes, tomatillos, cilantro...

and seven dozen freshly made corn and flour tortillas.

Wowza. You know you want to check it out and find out if a truck delivers near you. So just because I like you, here's there website http://bountifulbaskets.org/ Check it out, and start living a more healthy, produce-filled life!

No comments:

Post a Comment