Monday, June 25, 2012

Jakob is ONE!

This weekend was a very quick one, but an especially enjoyable one. I hadn't seen my good friend Sasha since she moved to Kansas City for her hubby's residency. We'd been planning the trip for a few weeks, and I was so excited when it was finally time. The extra-special part? It was Jakob's first birthday!

The 3-hour drive was pretty awful. It was raining nearly the entire time, and I even had to turn my windshield wipers on turbo speed for a good half-hour. I don't so much enjoy driving in the rain when I can't really see very well where I'm going. But alas, I made it there safely.

Once I arrived, Sasha gave me a tour of their beautiful new home. Jakob was taking a nap, so we snuck out for a mani/pedi just like old times -- we hadn't done that for a long time.
(Put down your phone. No need to call CPS. We didn't leave Jakob home alone. Sasha's mother-in-law was in town for the birthday celebrations, so she graciously offered to watch Jakob while we had a little girl time.)

After a much needed day of catching up, we celebrated Jakob's first birthday. I still can't believe it's been a hear since he joined this world


Jakob looks a little terrified of our singing.
(don't worry, mama blew out the candle)


Ready to dig in! He had his own personal monkey cake.


His first time having sweets. Not really sure what to think.



He really loved the frosting!

He didn't get as messy as we all thought he would, but he did earn himself a bath!


The Klauks! Love them!


Not really sure what to do with this. He didn't really get the whole unwrapping thing.


Playing with one of his new toys! 


I had a fantastic weekend, and I'm so glad I was able to celebrate the little guy's first birthday. 

So blessed to have such a great friend and a great godson!
Love to you both!



No comments:

Post a Comment