Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Streudel Topped Pumpkin Muffins




I believe boredom has set in. I've been waiting for this bambino to emerge for a while now, and while I've still been filling my time with walks and my daily 1pm meeting with Kathie Lee and Hoda, I've also been crafty this week. You probably saw that fall wreath yesterday; plus I've been re-learning how to crochet. And today I baked some of the most delectable fall muffins, so I thought I'd share. These muffins are definitely worth the trip to the store to pick up a can of pumpkin. 

The original recipe is from this blog, but I'll recap it here as well. Just in case you decide you need to try them. [trust me, you do]



Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup oil
2 eggs

Strudel Topping
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
3 tbsp butter, softened

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine the first six ingredients in a medium sized bowl; mix and set aside. In a larger mixing bowl, combine the remaining four muffin ingredients. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, and stir until incorporated. Mix the strudel topping ingredients in a small bowl.
Spoon into muffin tins [i used mini muffin tins, because then you can have more than one].
Sprinkle each muffin with strudel topping.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes [or 15 minutes for regular-sized muffins], or until they pass the toothpick test.



I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment