Monday, July 1, 2013

Family: The Friends We Don't Pick

On my last full weekend living in Minnesota, some of my family came to visit.  We didn't have any plans, but we had quite the eventful weekend. We celebrated my brother's birthday [twice], did some shopping, ate some delicious food, and enjoyed the fly-in breakfast at the local airport. It was a wonderful way to spend my last weekend in town, and I'm so glad they made the trip to visit.


They got to town on my brother's birthday, so we went to the local Mexican restaurant for his free birthday dinner and dessert. Here's the fried ice cream - candle included!



The next day we celebrated [again] after dinner. Here is Michael's Snickers birthday cake. 
My dad decided it would be more fun if it was tough for him to blow out the candles!

He wasn't so impressed.

But he got them all blown out at once!

The cake was super delicious, but a little naughty. 


While at Gander Mountain, I found these boots that were ridiculously huge. You can't really tell in the picture, but they were seriously gigantic!

Here's a bi-plane that was at the fly-in breakfast.
There is a fly-in breakfast in Corning every year on the 4th of July. We've gone since I was really little, and it was something we always looked forward to. Since I haven't been home for the 4th of July for several years, it was really fun that the St. Cloud airport was having one the weekend my dad was in town. For breakfast, they flipped pancakes at you to catch and had sausage. There were lots of different planes to look at, as well as a bunch of antique cars and remote control planes.

This is a Cessna, the same kind of plane my Grandpa had when we were little.

The collection of antique cars on display.

They opened the hangar that had the jets, too! This is the ATS jet - a local trucking company.

This is a Light Sport - a super tiny plane that my dad and brother were eyeing.


There's the run-down of our fun weekend in St. Cloud.
Now, to stay focused during my last two shifts at work....

No comments:

Post a Comment